26 January 2011

Editing, querying and feeling naked

I'm still editing my NaNoWriMoNovel. I'm right in the middle, just done Chapter 5 out of 10 (in which my Heroine starts changing but does not realise it yet) and I'm pleasantly surprised because I actually like the story!
This is unusual for me. I tend to feel embarrassed when reading what I've written, regardless of the quality. I think it may be something to do with feeling exposed, naked. As if I've undressed myself in a public place. Any of you have a similar problem?
photo by Ambro (Freedigitalphotos.net)

In the meantime I've received an email from the publisher of my nonfiction book with a request to correct 3 (THREE) sentences from the manuscript. Now, I'm not sure what to think: is it good or bad (my initial reaction was that's it's good), or only just a beginning?
What do you think?


Correcting these three sentences shouldn't take me longer that 15 minutes (usual comfort break included), so tonight I'm back to my novel.
I will however take a little break to participate in this fantastic query contest on Roni Loren blog. I'm going to enter a query for my still unfinished women's fiction novel.
Anyone else entering?

No comments:

Post a Comment